The Keyword Golden Ratio (KGR) is a concept popularized by Doug Cunnington, a digital marketer and blogger. It’s a method used in search engine optimization (SEO) to find low-competition keywords that have the potential to rank well in search engine results.
Introducing the KGR Calculator
To make your keyword research process easier, we’ve created a simple KGR calculator. You can input the Local Monthly Search Volume and Number of Allintitle Results, and the calculator will generate the KGR result for you. Additionally, it provides insights into the competitiveness of the keyword based on the calculated result.
The formula for calculating the Keyword Golden Ratio is:
KGR= Local Monthly Search Volume / Number of Allintitle Results
Here’s how it works:
- Number of Allintitle Results: This is the number of search results that have the target keyword in the title tag. You can find this by performing a Google search using the “allintitle” operator, like this:
allintitle:your target keyword.
- Local Monthly Search Volume: This is the average number of monthly searches for the target keyword in a specific geographic location. You can find this information using keyword research tools like Google Keyword Planner, Ahrefs, SEMrush, or other similar tools.
The idea behind the KGR is to identify keywords with low competition (as indicated by a low number of allintitle results) and a decent amount of search volume. A KGR of 0.25 or lower is often considered favorable. If the KGR is below 0.25, it suggests that the keyword is relatively underserved in terms of content, making it potentially easier to rank for.
- If the KGR is 0.25 or lower: That’s great! This keyword can rank easily.
- If the KGR is between 0.25 and 1: Hmm, this keyword may work for you.
- If the KGR is greater than 1: This keyword may not work. Look for other keywords.
It’s important to note that while the KGR can be a helpful tool in keyword research, it’s not a guarantee of success. Other factors such as the quality of your content, site authority, and user intent also play a crucial role in SEO success. Additionally, search algorithms and user behavior can change, so it’s essential to stay informed about the latest SEO trends and adapt your strategy accordingly.
In the ever-evolving landscape of SEO, finding the right keywords can make a significant difference in your content’s visibility. The Keyword Golden Ratio provides a systematic approach to identifying promising keywords with lower competition.
Feel free to use our KGR calculator to streamline your keyword research process. Remember, while the KGR is a valuable tool, it’s essential to consider other factors such as content quality, site authority, and user intent for a comprehensive SEO strategy.
Happy keyword hunting!